Meeresspiegel (0m)
Skitage 19/20: 0
Skitage 20/21: 0
Skitage 21/22: 0
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Trip Report :Hermon-Israel

Beitrag von baba4ko »

Hello Lads,

Greetings to everyone, although I do not speak German , I enjoy very much reading this forum trough Google Translate :D , and decide to add something exsotic

Bellow you can find more information about the only one Israel Ski resort

Resort: Mt. Hermon ( Neve Aviv)
Domain: Hermon mountain
Author: Baba4ko
Date: January’ 18 2007
Ski resort lies in Mt. Hermon , the northern point of Israel next to Lebanon and Syrian border. 500 km in the south you can enjoy a truly summer in the Red Sea, with air temp 24C-26C . Basic point of resort is 1640m above sea level, and the top is 2073m From Tel Aviv is approximately 3.5 hours drive. You can reach it by car, taxi or organized transport from Israel ski club. Winter is short and good condition for ski has between end of December and beginning of Mart.
Lift system includes 5 chair lifts 4of them with length around 1000m each (one of them for visitors only) 1 x 262m, and 5 draglifts. There are approximately 45 km of ski runs 5 of them are the main runs (Number 1,2,3,6 and 12 ), rest are short or ski roads.
Attached map
http://www.skihermon.co.il/bigmap.htm
ski rent for 1 day rent = USD 30.00; 1 day ski pass = USD 45.00
In the mourning pistes were only ice, but with strong sun become more soft and afternoon in some places there were visible stones. Runs were almost empty and very good no waiting time on the lifts, although it becomes very warm piste conditions were good. Usually waiting time in the lifts is about 15-20 minutes, but this day there were only few people, and we had a great day.
The place offers good ski for 1-2 days ski trip, and if we take into consideration it’s only one in Israel, there are not many choices but coming here or going to Europe.
some pictures

on the way
Bild
Bild

8.30 AM; behind Run 3
Bild

top of run 12 (Sion )
Bild

runs 1 & 2
Bild

Beggining of Run 1
Bild

end of run 2
Bild

2PM
Bild

veiw from bottom station
Bild

looking south /west form the top
Bild

top station
Bild
Dateianhänge
Run 12 (Sion)
Run 12 (Sion)

fettiz
Vogelsberg (520m)
Ski: nein
Snowboard: nein
Danksagung erhalten: 105 Mal

Beitrag von fettiz »

thanxx, looks better than in central europe in the moment (ok it became better the last few days). Great choice.
---------------------------------------------
Don't forget: Realize your dreams....
----------------------------------------------
↓ Mehr anzeigen... ↓
Gletscherfloh
Fichtelberg (1214,6m)
Ski: ja
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

Beitrag von Gletscherfloh »

Amazing. Thank you for these awesome pictures ...
k2k
Moderator a.D.
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von k2k »

That looks great, thanks for your efforts. Some people here (including myself) really like the exotic stuff, and I think until now this is one of the most extraordinary places we had reports from.
"Seilbahnen sind komplexe technische Systeme. Sie sind Werke innovativen vielschichtigen Schaffens und bilden ein spannungsvolles Zusammenspiel technischer und wirtschaftlicher, politischer, sozio-kultureller und landschaftlicher Faktoren." (Schweizerisches Bundesamt für Kultur)
Stani
Matterhorn (4478m)
Snowboard: ja
Danksagung erhalten: 179 Mal

Beitrag von Stani »

hy, thank for the pics; green valley and snowcapped mountains, that's so amazing! I'm also a big fun of the exotic ski locales and skiing in Israel is really something special and unique. And what about Lebanon, have you been skiing there? I gez, that u are a local skier,or?
trincerone
Jungfrau (4161m)
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal
Beitrag von trincerone »

Mt. Hermon easily is one of the most impression places I have had the luck to visit. It's landscape is most beautiful and the whole athmosphere up there is very impressing. Especially due to the fact that it's partly of volcano origin, one finds impressingly high mountains rising suddenly up out of the nothern Gallilee Flat, thus creating an drop of altitude of 3000m ex-nihilo. This gives the places a very intensive "close-to-the-sky" feeling as it is the only eleveation all around, and makes you looking down on the lands below in nearly every direction. Further on this place feels really remote, an out-post - which in fact it is from stratetic view. Really, a unique and lovely place. I very hope to return there one day.

Last time I was there (only time to be honest ;) ) was in summer 1998. At this time to my memory there were the two chairlift on the main axis, one detachable chairlift a bit further in the west (to the left looking upwards), some beginners lifts at the base and a short draglift on the backside, facing Mt. Hermon and the restricted area. I heard some roumours about an extension of the skiing area. Could you confirm this? Has it been already built, is it still a project, has it been cancelled? And second question: is the short draglift on the backside still in use? At the time I thought it might be a very sympathetic slope for panarama reasons - short and flat though. But the only slope on the Mt. Hermon side of the ridge which gave a phantastic view on Mt. Hermon (and the austrian outpoast and Neve Schlagim by the way... ;) ).

Thanks a lot for the report - it evokes some very beautiful memories in me...
GMD
Ski to the Max
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von GMD »

Well, very interesting! I like exotic ski areas, thanks a lot for the report! I just have a little problem with the attached trailmap: I can't read it because I dont know hebraic!
Hibernating

trincerone
Jungfrau (4161m)
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal
Beitrag von trincerone »

As far as I know it only exists in hebrew, nevertheless apart from the names of the installations and places, it is quiet readable in my opinion, at least one gets a good impression of the area and its infrastructure.
GMD
Ski to the Max
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von GMD »

^^OK, that's correct, but I am a lift-lover! :wink:
Hibernating
baba4ko
Meeresspiegel (0m)
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von baba4ko »

Actually Ski area in Mt. Hermon is very well developed and there is little more than can be added, may be new lifts instead exciting. Fridays and Saturdays, become very crowd and waiting times are very long . Also there are no more Northern sides of the mount ant available, than can add more slopes unless there is a long term peace between Israel and its neighbors and can develop Lebanon and Syrian sides. There is plan to be made Snow Park on the top of the mountain and add 2 drag lifts, but I do not know when it will be done. This Year were 2 good months for skiing with lot of snow and good conditions, at the moment there are about 80 cm on the top and 60 cm in the bottom .
Antworten

Zurück zu „restliche Welt“